Saturday, March 26, 2011

New board games can be rare too!

Sometimes I will come across a game in my collection that is rare because it is "out of print", or no longer in production. Most of these games are still sought after because they are adaptions or updates to old favorites.

Today's game selection is:


This is of course an alternate version of Connect 4, one of my favorite quick, simple games. Games like this are great to play in a series, like best 3 out of 5, or some other predetermined challenge.

Other games I have purchased like this are Guess Who Electronic Version, Monopoly Here and Now, among others I can't recall at the moment. I am usually happy with them but still enjoy playing the original version as well. I recently sold my copy of The Game of Life ~ Twists and Turns for $46 on Ebay and that game still brings a good amount of bids on auction.

I decided to list Connect 4 Stackers on auction instead of as a Buy it Now item in my store to see if I can attract bids. I started it low at only $9.99 and will be happy to sell it for whatever the market will bear. There is only one other copy of the game for sale right now on the internet, on Amazon, for over $120!

I know mine won't sell for quite that much, for a couple of reasons. Mine is flawed, but well loved and still playable. The second reason is I really have no idea how out of line the price is on Amazon with no other recent internet sales to compare it to.

If you want to get in on the action and place your bid, or you just want to watch my auction, you can find it here:

Connect 4 Stackers ~ OOP Board Game

Have you played this game? What do you like about it?

What games have you purchased or played lately that are updates to classic board games? What games do you wish you could find in stores, but they are out of production?

No comments:

Post a Comment