Monday, March 7, 2011

RISK

Oh, RISK. I love this game.

It's a shame I haven't played with a group of people more often. My husband and I have played the 2 player version of this game countless times, going for "world domination" to determine a winner.

I own several versions, so I am getting ready to list the one from the photo above on Ebay, in an attempt to thin the closet a bit.

UPDATE: This game SOLD on eBay on March 8th for $14.99

It is hard for me to look at this game and not remember a time we were playing and Shannon actually became furious about the number of sixes I rolled in a row. I am known to get the giggles from time to time and on this particular occasion, the giggles were on in full force. He was challenging me to a round of battles and I kept winning. It frustrated him so much, he actually did a mocking impression of me rolling the dice. It went something like this:

"Oh! Six! HaHaHa! Let's roll again! Six! hehehe! Six! Oh, you want to try again! Six! Oh, my, I dropped my dice on the floor ACCIDENTALLY, but on the re-roll, LOOK! I got a SIX! Six! Six! Six!" The rant ended with him throwing his dice at the wall behind me.

Oh what I would give to have a video of that. Please don't get a bad impression of my husband. He is not violent, or anything of the sort. When I remind him of this story, he actually feels bad.

It's just a really good example of his competitive nature shining through, combined with a true LOVE for dice games. He likes to hold the dice a certain way, call out what he's going to roll before the dice are thrown, and occasionally has a strong reaction to the result. I think a lot of it stems from his youth and an obsession with Strat-o-matic baseball. But that is another post, another story...

Are you a fan of the game RISK? Do you usually play for world domination or use the mission cards? Any RISK stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment